Are You Afraid of the Dark | Sidney Sheldon | Book Review

 

Are You Afraid of the Dark Book Review

Are You Afraid of the Dark Book Review 


'Are You Afraid of the Dark?' is most likely the last book written by Sidney Sheldon. And obviously, I expected a lot of great things from it. And what did I get? A whole bunch of disappointing stuff. So yeah, the review can be neatly summed up as: 


"I am disappointed. I don't recommend this book to anyone, only hardcore Sheldon fans can try finding anything good about this book on my behalf."


Now let's get to the things that are wrong about the book.


Firstly, it doesn't FEEL like a Sidney Sheldon novel, speaking as a fan. 


Secondly, the plot is a desperate attempt to make a thriller out of a poorly written sci-tech conspiracy backdrop. 


Thirdly, there's too much coincidence in the plot. It's cringe, duh.


Fourthly, the book is utterly, unabashedly predictable. I know there's a specific pattern to Sheldon's plots but this was completely barren with zero surprises. 


Fifthly, the storyline is thoroughly unrealistic, the characters are lacking something, and it's just not good.


That's it. Let me know if you have read the book or not, and what do you think about it!


Happy reading!


Comments

Send in your review requests!

Name

Email *

Message *

On Instagram as @nested_bookworm